Purpose of Position
The Credit Officer directly support the operations and performance of TA branches. They work in pairs to deliver disbursements targets, new and repeat customers’ targets and collections targets for the market.
They report directly to the Relationship Manager.
- Acquire: Maintain and Grow Customer Base: Acquire new customers via extensive marketing, support and retain existing customers and through their retention grow the customer base of the market to deliver new customer and repeat customer targets.
- Generate Revenue: Consistent/seamlessly delivery of daily, weekly & monthly disbursement and collection targets. This includes sales, lead generation, customer onboarding and site visit, loan application, follow ups and collection.
- Customer Service Delivery: Deliver over the shelf customer service through consistent follow-up, rapport creation and customer business training.
- Know-Your-Customer and Due Diligence: Being the first contact person with the market & customers, credit officer’s do conduct proper due diligence and KYC to ensure the customer & business are both viable & credible in accordance with TA sop.
- Relationship management: Work with branch team to serve customers by a relationship management approach, gather intel and create/maintain relationships with market authorities e.g. LC, Chairmen etc.
- Repayment: In charge of branch repayment rate through consistent follow-up, maintaining accurate interactions on company systems, negotiation of repayment schedules, and setting discretionary limits on loan amounts. The Credit Officer uses ‘soft’ (non-intrusive) collection methods to get repayments from the customer without creating injury to established relationship.
- Reporting: Document all customer interactions in TA credit system from lead generation, customer follow-up and training; intel on customers or customer market area, and all collection measures taken. Assist in accurate and timely reporting of Management Information and market feedback on customer preferences, trends and new business opportunities.
- Performing such other tasks and duties as the Company may from time to time designate as forming part of this job description
Skills and Experience
- Quick thinker, proactive and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Integrity and ability to work in informal market.
- IT Literate: Able to use Apps and write reports.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships
- Team player
- High Motivation & energy
- Functional problem solver
- Process Discipline – ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Experience from financial institution preferably in MFI and FINTECH with credible business course an added advantage.
- Position is office based (locally) but will require client visits
- Normal working hours are 8.30am – 5.30pm
- Fun working environment
- Regular Team Building
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance and 21 days annual holiday upon successful completion of the probationary period.
- Communication allowances